Sunday, October 9, 2011

Update on CarSeat Law! And Days 8 & 9

As I said Friday I immediately emailed our Ministry of Transportation re: the carseat in taxis law or lack thereof.  They responded and I was actually right.  So, I'm correcting my correction!  It is legal for a taxi cab operator to drive children in the car without a carseat but it is not legal for the adult with the child to not have a carseat.  The onus is on the caregiver/parent.

"The driver of a taxicab while transporting a passenger for hire is
exempt from having to provide a child safety seat.
Those using the service of a taxi cab are NOT exempt from using a child
safety seat. It is the caregivers responsibility to ensure the child is
properly secured.
We thank you for your inquiry and encourage you to contact us in the
future as we continually strive to improve our service to our customers."

So, what do I do?  Take photos of the parents and send them to child services? 

Day 8: Do you feel you have more good days than bad ones?

Yes.  For the first few months it was the opposite but now I am definitely happier than I was and although I have random moments of sadness throughout the day I am never overwhelmed by it.

Day 9: If you have other children how has your loss affected them? If you don't other children how has your loss affected your relationship with your partner?

My daughter seems more sensitive now, she is more interested in babies, she talks a lot about death and Heaven and God, she always points out when we pass a cemetary, she knows the names of my BLM's children.  I think it has affected her in a positive way.  She knows the world can be a sad place and she knows sometimes life cannot be about her.  I know when she is a woman if tragedy were to strike her or her friend or family member, she will be the one who knows what to say and do. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's the craziest law I've ever heard of! So it's legal for the cab driver to drive a kid without a car seat but it's illegal for the parent to let them? Kind of contradictory if you ask me. Considering in any other circumstance it's the driver of the vehicle's responsibility to make sure everyone in the car is safe (ie: the driver must be sober, everyone in the car must have seat belt on, the driver can't be distracted by phone, etc).

Good for you for taking an interest though!