Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 Day Challenge for Mothers of Loss

Day 13: Does anyone else besides you speak your child's name?

All of you.  Just me, my hubby, daughter and Blaine's friends Momma's.  And I've realized that's got to be enough. 

Just to give a little update on us.  Caleb is blossoming wonderfully.  He is 4 and a half months old now!  He is teething big time and is right on the verge of crawling.  He's dragged himself forward a couple of times and rolls everywhere.  No more napping on the bed by himself!  I figure about another two weeks and he'll be crawling.  Right on schedule with the way Abby developed at that age.  He is soo ready to eat.  But I am waiting for 6 months, breastfeeding exclusively at this point.  It's going shockingly well.  I figured I'd have more problems but he is just a natural eater.  He watches me eat everytime and is so interested in food.  We're skipping the cereal and going straight to veggies at 6 months.  The Dr. agreed the cereal is really just pointless if he's being b/f.  I'm trying to make sure he feels none of my anxiety, making him feel as secure as possible even if I'm not.  So, we b/f, babywear and cosleep.  That way he knows he's safe and never alone.  He's a happy little man and we're all totally in love with him.

Even when he's teething he's a charmer

1 comment:

Dana said...

He is so adorable. I can see you and Arthur in him.

Your sentence "And I've realized that's got to be enough". It could sum up our whole lives right now. Whatever we get for our missing babies, whenever people do speak their names. It has to be enough.