Day 7: Do you do something to honour your angel (s)? If so what?
I write about him. I talk about him. And more importantly I do what I can for others. In Blaine's name I try to do what little I can to make other parents feel supported throughout their loss. I hope that when they think of me they think of Blaine. I hope I can show that I would have been a great mother to him.
Correction to yesterday. I guess riding in a taxi without a carseat is now legal. When someone took my daughter in a cab without my consent I had looked it up and found that carseats were required. Now that is not the case. So, legally you can endanger your child's life. It begs the question, do some parents only take good care of their children when the gov't tells them they have to? In Ontario it's the law that you are not allowed to smoke in a vehicle with a child under the age of 16. Does common sense have to be dictated by law? Trust me when I say I have already emailed the Ministry of Transport re: the carseat issue and will be doing everything I can to have this law amended.
1 comment:
I've always wondered about that (children not needing a carseat in a cab). I'm glad you've emailed the ministry. It seems ridiculous that the rules are different in a cab vs a personal vehicle.
I do think of Blaine when I think of you. He will always be remembered.
Post a Comment