Sunday, October 16, 2011

Alone Time

Day 16: Do you take time for yourself?


It's ironic that this question is coming up today.  Last night I tried desperateley to have a bath by myself.  I love baths, I'm a dolphin at heart.  I didn't take them when I was pregnant with Caleb because I was afraid of getting water and germs "up there."  And I haven't taken one since Caleb because our bathtub needs to be reenamaled.  At my parents house yesterday I was determined.  I fed Caleb, got him settled, cleaned out the tub and settled into a hot bubble bath.  It lasted about 3 minutes.  Abby and her grandma started arguing so she came into the bathroom.  And then I remembered it was almost 9pm and they needed baths too so I ended up bringing Caleb in with me and then Abby. 
I do TRY to take time to myself and am planning a much needed spa trip for my bday next month.  Otherwise the only time I really get is when Caleb is sleeping or I go to the store by myself.
After Blaine was born I really loved my Thursday nights.  Well loved and hated.  It was my time to really grieve.  Hubby was at baseball and I would put Abby to bed at 8pm and I would sit at the computer and read poems, read blogs, google photos of fetuses at 17 week gestation, etc.  I would just cry my eyes out and it felt so so good. 

Thank you to everyone who remembered us yesterday.  I had 23 notifications in my FB just now and several emails as well.  You are all one of the many blessings God has given me.  

No comments: