Day 22: Do you have a song or songs that make you think of your child(ren)?
I have several, including...
The Dance by Garth Brooks
"For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance"
Who'd You Be Today by Kenny Chesney
"It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
The death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through"
and my favourite, my blog namesake...
In My Bones by Blue Rodeo
"Every time you walk out
You take a part of me
A part I hide so deep inside so no one sees
The beauty that nobody owns
In my bones
You walk with me wherever I'm going
In my bones"
there are many others. I think music has always been so therapeutic for me. I'm not musically talented, even Abby covers my mouth and tells me I'm a bad singer. I tried to learn the guitar once but it didn't work out. I've always been able to use music as an escape though. When my parents would be screaming at each other or my brother I'd go in my room with a book and turn my stereo on. I'd be off in another world.
No comments:
Post a Comment