Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 5

Day 5: Do you ever get subtle reminders of your angel (s)? If so what are they?

I'm not a huge believer in "signs" from beyond.  Once when I was young, after a cousin had passed away, I was listening to a song from her funeral in my room and the volume literally turned down on the stereo.  Like the button actually went to a lower volume.  So, do I think they exist, yes.  Do I think Blaine is floating around above me waiting for a moment to say Hi Mom?  No, I hope not.  I don't want to picture him as being in between.  I want him up there living the good life not worrying about me.  That being said there are some things that make me stop and think of him.  A sunflower.  Breaking Dawn, yes the book.  Bella called her daughter "my little nudger" and that's what I called him when I was pregnant and he was alive and kicking.  When I walk past the funeral home or see a hearse or a graveyard or anything related to the funeral industry, I think of him and his brief stint.  It seems there isn't a day that goes by that I don't see or hear something that makes me stop for a second, usually with a broken smile and think "Blaine."

No comments: