
me and Abby releasing the butterfly and Abby holding it
Yesterday we sort of attended the PBSO Butterfly Release. I say sort of because we were late. I stupidly thought it started at 11:30 not 11 and so we got there and they had already released them. We were told we were too late. Needless to say I started to have a breakdown. How can I screw up one of the few things I get to do for Blaine? Hubby talked to someone though and they had extras not yet released so they gave us one. Phew! Sissy and I released them and then hubby and her chased it around taking pics. Then it met a friend and they flew away together, swirling around each other almost like they were dancing. I immediately thought of so many of my BLM sisters. Thinking that it had to be one of Blaine's friends. I feel so relieved that we got one to release but feel like a total idiot for mixing up the times and almost ruining the day for us. Who am I kidding, it would have ruined my whole week.
30 Days of Questions - Day One
A recent photo of myself:

15 "interesting facts about myself" Not sure how interesting these will be...
- I love vampire stories, all of them, even cheesy ones like V.D.
- I am the mother of three
- I have had the same favourite band (Bluerodeo) since I was in grade nine, fell in love with them because the song of theirs that was popular at the time reminded me of my favourite book at the time.
- I don't have a lot of friends and like to spend a fair amount of time alone, a luxury now that I'm married with children.
- I've read thousands and thousands of books. I'm a speed reader so if I have access to them I can read about two or three novels a week.
- I hate wearing makeup and I don't wear high heels although I still consider myself girly.
- I like a lot of the shows my daughter "forces" me to watch and find myself laughing at the stupid jokes almost everytime.
- There are some things I know I cannot live without: my hubby, my kids, God, coffee and chocolate.
- I have become one of those annoying parents who takes a hundred pics of their kids a day and thinks everyone else wants to look at them.
- I am a country girl and would give up this city life in a second, pack it all up and head up north.
- My dream car is a bright pink pick up truck!
- I watch one soap opera, GH, religiously. I had my hubby buy a PVR just to record that one show while I am at work so I don't miss anything. It's the only soap I can stand but I can't miss it!
- I am an only child but I have three step siblings and three half siblings. That might not make sense.
- I would much rather lie on a beach, watching the kids play in the surf, drinking margheritas, than soak up "culture" in some European city or check out ancient ruins somewhere. That to me sounds like work.
- I never in my life thought I would count "strangers" as my family or credit them for helping to save me on dark days. But here we all are.
1 comment:
I'm glad you were still able to release a butterfly. It's funny, something similar happened to me with last year's butterfly release. I printed off the directions using google maps, but they brought us to the wrong place. We ran into another woman who had the same directions, so we drove for over an hour trying to find the park. It was only 12 days after Jacob was born and I cried in the car most of the way. I felt like I was failing him all over again. I couldn't keep him alive, than I couldn't even get to the butterfly release. I kept asking him to forgive me. We made it eventually, about 30 minutes after it started and we were still able to release butterflies for him.
I love that Blaine's butterfly met up with another butterfly. I wonder who's it was....such a nice thing to see.
Loved reading more about you and I love that picture.
Post a Comment