Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30 Days - Question 2

30 Days - #2: The meaning behind your blog name

Name = Waves Over Stones

"wash over me like waves over stones, In My Bones." From the song by Bluerodeo. This is one of the first songs that made me think of Blaine. It pretty much summed up my feelings. Waves, I'm a total dolphin. I was born beside the ocean and have been swimming since I was 3. I love the water, being in it, floating, listening to the waves. It's so calming. That and the smell of the salt. There are few things more relaxing than sitting on the beach on a hot day, watching the tides, with a cool salty breeze blowing your way. Stones, it's a play on our last name. And it's actually hubby's nickname on his baseball team. That makes me Mama Stones. Grief is like a wave, ebbing and flowing. Consuming and washing away. Sometimes I feel like a stone on the beach with rough waters all around me, I can be picked up and tossed back and forth or I can hold my ground and brave the storm.

No comments: