Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day and 30 Days of Questions - Day 6

Your Favourite Superhero and why? -

I don't have one. I'm not much into comic books and things like that. Can I say David from the Bible? Maybe not a typical superhero but he was super and was a hero. I think that counts for something, no? Why? Because he was so human, so very flawed. He made so many mistakes, big ones, like murder and adultery. He lied, cheated and stole to get his own way. And yet, he wrote the most beautiful poetry and was at times humble and gentle. He lost a son. He was so very flawed and yet God loved him so much. He made him king, inspired him to write the Psalms, made his lineage the very one that his own Son would be born from. How cool is that? If this lying, murdering, wife stealing, cheating, boy from nowhere can be favoured like that then there is hope isn't there?

Father's Day is tomorrow. We sent Daddy golfing today as his gift. I just picked up some cupcakes and Sissy has made him a card at school plus we bought some cards. She's already planning on signing her brothers (plural) names on the card. So sweet of her. My husband was a good Dad to Blaine in the short time we had him. He took care of me (more than usual) from the moment we found out we were pregnant. And I know how much he still misses his little slugger. I hope we can make it special for him and let him know that all three of his kids are lucky to have him.

No comments: