Monday, July 12, 2010
UGH!
I have no better title for this post. Since I am off work I have to deal with the insurance company to ensure I get a portion of my pay. They basically decide whether I have a valid reason to be off work or not. If they say it's not valid then I either go back to work or don't get paid or quit or get fired or whatever. My case worker is not a doctor or a social worker. I had to go back to my doctor and get paper work filled out last week. I called the company today to make sure they got my fax and to update them on some other things that have happened since I submitted the forms on Thursday. They are so blunt and matter of fact about it. My case worker seems very cold. I told her about one new thing and she's like "that has nothing to do with why you're off work" I'm like "yes it's relevant because it's something to do with the pregnancy and blah blah blah" I had to explain to her again that I was pregnant and the baby died. Anything to do with pregnancies or babies is relevant!! They want to just look at the physical stuff. They don't want to hear about the emotional stuff. Having to deal with the insurance company is not helping me. I'm supposed to be using this time off work to relax and work on healing. I'm supposed to be following my treatment plan not worrying about whether or not some cold hearted corporation feels that a dead baby is worth their time. And how long are they going to take to decide? I really really don't need this extra stress right now. I know I'm lucky in some ways, at least I have this option with my employer. But my employer goes on and on about how committed they are to their staff and how they are such a family friendly place to work. In reality though, that's just on paper. When you actually have a situation they basically wash their hands of it and send you to the insurance company. That way they can say it wasn't their fault, not their decision. UGH UGH UGH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's horrible! I hate insurance companies. I am fighting mine right now because they are trying to charge me over $2k for my 24-hour hospital stay when I delivered my dead baby. It would have been cheaper to have a live delivery, so I am confused and appalled, and trying to get them to waive some of the ridiculous fees.
Thankfully, my employer really is amazingly family-friendly and I didn't have to do anything to get my short term disability approved. My boss must have taken care of it, because I just started getting checks in the mail a couple weeks after I got home from the hospital.
Hope you get it sorted out soon!
Xoxo
Insurance companies are no fun to deal with. I'm sorry you are having to deal with them, and hopefully they get it figured out and take this stress off of you!!
Post a Comment