Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Sweet Girl

My Abby did the sweetest, most touching, best big sister ever, thing today! She picked one of those weeds, the furry type that you blow on and make a wish. She picked it and I said "now you have to make a wish" and so she took a deep breath and says "I wish Blaine could come back." My heart broke in so many ways, overwhelmed with love for her and sadness that she would ever have to make a wish like that. Thankfully she is almost 100% recovered from our incident yesterday. Her arm is still a little sore but other than that she has bounced back. Kids are so resilient. If someone asks about her arm she just says "a crazy lady threw me." I'm afraid it will take me a bit longer to get over what happened. I just can't get over the image of my little girl's body being tossed to the ground right in front of me. I keep thinking of all of the things that could have happened and thank God they didn't. It's sad to me that I have to be so vigilant just walking down the street from getting a donut. It's not like we live in "the ghetto." We live in a fairly clean part of town, as far as big city areas go. I guess these types of people can be anywhere though. And my husband says it's so random and so unlikely to happen that it will most likely not happen again. You don't get struck by lightning twice right? We lose our child at 17 weeks and 3 days for no apparent reason, a rarity, I think it's 1% of the population that this happens to. My daughter is randomly attacked, another rarity. So, why haven't we won the lottery yet? How come the only rare things that happen to us are the bad ones? Well I guess that's not completely true but sometimes it feels that way.
In Caleb news, there is no news. I have symptoms on and off of approaching labour. STILL NOTHING substantial though. I wish I weren't so impatient. I'm trying to enjoy this time with him and I will miss all of his movements and playtimes in my belly.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Just when I think that Abby can't get any better, she does. That is AMAZING! I got tears in my eyes. I went and told Ted what she said and could barely get it out.

I've been saying the same thing to Ted about the rare things happening to us...amniotic band syndrome is rare, it killing the baby is even rarer, having a stillbirth is rare, then having a subsequent miscarriage is rare. Then having another miscarriage is even more rare. Then having a bicornuate uterus. When are we going to win the lottery? That is what I want to know.