In a topic completely unrelated to babies I had an incredibly frightening experience today. Abby and I took a walk over to the drug store and coffee shop. We got some drinks and donuts. We had just started to walk home and out of nowhere this lady walked up beside us, grabbed Abby and literally threw her. It took me about two seconds to process what had happened and I was completely shocked. I picked her up off the ground and I just kept saying "oh my God oh my God." Abby is fine, she scratched her elbow and was shaking with fright but other than that she is okay. The lady didn't say anything, didn't stop, just kept walking. A couple ahead of us saw what happened and the girl came over. She watched Abby while me and the boyfriend followed the lady. I think he could see I was very close to killing the woman so he took my phone and talked to the police while I went back to the girl and Abby. The police came rather quickly and took our statements. They caught the lady, thanks to the guy who followed her until they got there, and arrested her for assault. My husband got there quickly and calmed me down. I have never sworn at someone the way I swore at this lady and I am thankful I'm pregnant because if I weren't it would have ended quite differently. I had to squash my desire to kill her and remember that I had to protect Caleb also. It was a very scary, shocking experience. I've never even witnessed something like that nevermind been a part of it. You always hear that random violence occurs but you never really think it will happen to you. The lady was obviously crazy and the police said pretty much the same thing. When they arrested her she really had no idea what was going on. The police were really nice and good with Abby. They took her picture and a picture of her elbow. I am thankful that's all that was hurt, we were right by a cement post and one of those bumper things for cars in the parking lot, and I kept thinking if she had of banged her head it would have been a very different story. We might be in the ER right now. Instead she is safe here at home and mostly back to her normal rambunctious self.
It was a long day. I am thankful to God for watching over Abby. Maybe he sent Blaine down to protect her little head from bumping the post. Right now all I want is for Caleb to come out so our little family can all be cuddling on the couch.
6 comments:
wow, that's crazy. SO glad she's ok!
oh my gosh! that is insane! i am SO glad she is okay, and i'm right there with ya I'd want to kill her!!! UGH! the nerve of some people!
Wow, I'm so glad she's OK and you had those 2 people behind you who saw the whole thing and helped out.
iT AMAZES ME HOW INSANE PEOPLE ARE! SO GLAD SHE IS OK!
Dear me that is insane. I'm glad she is okay and you had people nearby to help.
that is so horrible I'm glad that all of you are ok and that people where their to help you.
Post a Comment