Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Still Preggers!

38 weeks this week. Still no arrival. Still having prelabour symptoms but nothing substantial. Had my checkup yesterday, going every Monday now, everything is A okay! Monkey is strong and kicking around in there. I'm doing well also. Just waiting now. My Dr. made the same comment as me, we've been worrying and trying to keep him in there for nine months and now we just want him out. She joked that I would probably now have to be induced after all of that worry over my cervix! It was kind of funny, kind of not. I'm not at the point where I'm going to worry about that yet. I've still got two weeks before my official due date. Now, it's just eagerness. I'm not the most patient person in the world even in the best of circumstances. I hate waiting. If you say you'll meet me somewhere at 2 and it's 2:02 I get anxious. The weather has finally gotten beautiful this week so I am taking advantage and taking long walks. I have a lot of pain "down there" when I walk but the Dr. said that's good. I'm putting the weight and pressure on my cervix which is causing the ligaments to stretch which will help them open up. So today I'm going to walk over to the department store after taking Big Sis to school. Maybe that will start things up.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I'm always wondering what is happening with you and if you are in labour. I'm so glad that you are feeling good right now. I hope it continues and that Monkey comes out safe and healthy, and in the easiest way possible on you.

I can't wait to see pictures. Sending you lots of love!

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

You're so close! (And me too!) Waiting, waiting. Not easy for me to do either. And perhaps in my slightly neurotic ways sometimes, now I wonder if I'll get worried about Dot staying in too long, but we're not there yet. I guess there's always something I can worry about.

I imagine you're excited and anxious to meet little Caleb - me too! So we all wait with you, in our own ways.