Thursday, August 19, 2010
Sometimes I just want to be a crackhoe so I can have as many kids as I want
I have been debating all week how to tell everyone, trying to think of a creative way. I also thought I didn't want to tell anyone for awhile just in case something bad happened. So, I've only told a select few, too excited to contain it for much longer. And then today it all blew up in my face. Or in my underwear if you want to get graphic which at this point I don't really care. I am in a bitter angry place right now. The kind of place where if someone looks at me the wrong way I may very well punch them in the throat. I am sitting here at my computer having a miscarriage. I don't say "another miscarriage" because Blaine was not. The term miscarriage always makes me think "miscarriage of justice." And that is exactly what this is. It is injustice that a healthy loving educated employed married mother has problems bringing another child into the world when every crack hoe on welfare can get sneezed on by a guy and pop out another mouth for my tax dollars to feed. I feel like going for a walk. A walk in my area usually brings the unwanted sight of a smoking pregnant woman or a woman pushing her 6th kid around or a woman on the bus too busy texting her friends or latest crush to pay attention to the screaming baby in the stroller. I'd like to go on a walk right now and find one of these women and punch them in right in the fucking throat. How dare they breed like rabbits while I am in the middle of losing my second child of 2010! Took a positive pregnancy test on Sunday...Tuesday I was 5 weeks along and feeling a little nauseaus. Went out and bought a pregnancy journal. How did I get so stupid to think I might actually get to finish filling this one in. Today woke up feeling fine, went to work, went to the bathroom for the 5th time to check for blood and behold! The crimson tide. Oh and not just blood but a lovely glob of something. Left work went to the doctor. My beta has dropped so it doesn't appear that I am pregnant anymore. 3 options: 1 I was never pregnant and may have a cyst in my uterus which caused my body to think it was pregnant and give a positive test result...2 I was pregnant and am not now but for some reason my cervix is still closed and only blood is coming out and if that keeps on then I will have to get a d&c, yeah my first abortion!!...3 I was pregnant and still am pregnant and am just having some issue with bleeding. Have an ultrasound scheduled for 8 am in the morning at the hospital. Have to get through the night. And I'm out of fudgeos. And now I have to make a list of who I told so I can call them and tell them "guess what another dead baby." I read a quote on someone's blog that said "are you still a mother if all you give birth to is death?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
i am just SO sorry. i am crying for you. it just isn't right.
I am so sad for you Elaine. I'm sorry. I will be thinking of you as you have your ultrasound tomorrow. I have no idea what fudgeos are, but they sound necessary in this situation. Keep breathing, keep talking. We're all here for you.
I'm so sorry Elaine! This is just terrible and it is so unfair. I saw a woman who was 7 months pregnant smoking on the sidewalk as I drove by on the weekend. I just barely stopped myself from yelling out the window something to the effect of "I can't believe you are smoking. My baby died and I gave birth to a dead baby. You're baby is alive and you are smoking! You are terrible!" I didn't though, much to my husband's relief.
I would want Fudgeos too.
That quote gives me shivers. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! I am so sorry that you are going through this.
I'm so sorry Elaine! I wish I was there so I could give you the world's biggest hug right now. It's not fair that you should have to go through this. It really isn't.
I'm thinking about you, and will be thinking about you tomorrow as you go for your appointment.
Sending you lots of love, and lots of hugs!!
i'm so sorry. this post makes me angry, it makes my soul quake with sadness for you - for your little baby. words mean nothing now, but you are thought of by many tonight. and you are not alone.
Elaine, what a terrible day/night for you. It is so painful to see people who are in no position to raise a child be able to give birth to living children so easily. You know we are all hoping that it is option 3 you are experiencing.
(And so Elaine doesn't have to do it, I'll explain that Fudgeos are like Oreos, but with a less crunchy cookie and fudge in the middle)
I'm so sorry Elaine! Your post brings tears to my eyes. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Sending lots of love and hugs and remember we are all here for you!
I am so, so sorry. I am sure waiting for the ultrasound tomorrow is hard. I wish I had words to comfort you. My heart aches for you. xx
Elaine, I am so sorry to hear about this! I know how excited you were last week, when you told me! I was so excited for you as well. You are a wonderful mother to Abigail and I know that another baby is something that you want so much. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard this is for you, to get your hopes up only to have them crushed. My heart aches for you and I am thinking of you always. Keep trying, don't give up, I have faith that one day you will be bringing another health and beautiful baby into this world. I am here if you need me! Perhaps a coffee sometime soon would be helpful...let me know.
Post a Comment