Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 2

I actually felt somewhat normal today at work. Day two was not so bad. The only problem is that now I am back at work I have no time to myself. I have no time with Blaine. That kind of sucks. And I am also completely drained, am not used to the long days! Went on my lunch break to Carlton Cards and tortured myself by looking at all of the baby shower invitations; baby shower thank you cards; new baby photo frames and browsed through a pregnancy journal. Perhaps if I ever get pregnant again I'll buy that one. It was really nice but it was $26.99 and I thought that's a lot of money to waste if the baby ends up dead. If I don't get to fill the whole thing with memories. That was a horrible thought. Came home tonight and took apart the flower centerpiece I brought home from the wedding I went to on Saturday. Wrote Blaine's name on a petal and took a bunch of photos. Now I'm eating a big tub of potato salad and I have no motivation to do anything else with my evening.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I'm glad your second day was pretty good. I hadn't been able to put it into words, but it is so true that it feels like we don't have as much time with our babies once we've gone back to work. I've also tortured myself in the card section. No good comes out of that, but I still do it sometimes.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of Blaine's name!