Monday, April 4, 2011

My View of Heaven

Today I have been thinking a lot about what Blaine's life is like in Heaven. I don't question the existence of God or Heaven at all. As a BLM what would I do if I did? What would be the point if I weren't going to see him again one day? I like to think of Blaine as waiting for me, visiting me from time to time, preparing for my homecoming. On the other hand though I like to think that Heaven is on a different timeline than here, like when you fall asleep and wake up you don't realize how much time has passed. So, in Heaven I am already there and we are already together. There is no waiting. When you get there you have always and will always be there. I picture it a lot like in the end of the Chronicles of Narnia. We'll have houses and live like we do here, it'll just be perfect and God will be there, accessible. Before Blaine when I pictured myself in Heaven I would always be fishing with Jesus or something. Now I can't picture myself doing anything but holding my boy. Four more days of work. Today was stressful. I'm trying to take it easy and keep in mind that whatever happens when I'm gone is not my responsibility. But the hard worker in me sees all of the things that are going to go horribly wrong!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I love your view of Heaven. When I picture it, all I can picture is holding Jacob, hugging him, kissing him, playing with him. Not wanting to lose sight of him for a minute. I've already had too long without him.

Congratulations on only a few more days of work. That is so nice. I know it is hard to leave and think of everything that could go wrong, but once you're gone, you probably won't think about it much.

I love that you are so close to meeting Caleb. I can't wait to see his pictures and maybe even meet him in person one day!

Betty said...

I've always tried my hardest to live my life for the Lord...heaven as the ultimate goal...but it all shifted when I lost my little girl. It went from a goal I had to almost a hunger. I NEED to see her...NEED to hold her. I like to picture her playing with all the other babies up in heaven waiting on their momma's.

So glad that you are almost done with work. Hopefully things wont be so stressful for you once you are home.