Thursday, April 28, 2011

Living on a Prayer

"we're halfway there oh oh living on a prayer take my hand we'll make it I swear oh oh living on a prayer" "you live for the fight when that's all that you got"

Okay cheesy song I know I know. I keep hearing it though. It's become my mantra for the remainder of this pregnancy. Caleb and I are living on a prayer. We're going to make it. He seems to like it too. I put it on and he danced around. Of course, that could have been the ice cream sandwich I just ate but either way he's moving! Mom's content for another few hours.

I have pretty much decided how I want my labour to go. Who is going to be there and my perfect scenario. We don't always get what we want so who knows what will actually happen. I do know that I have the perfect midwife. She's almost 6 years old and will most likely bring her stuffed bunny with her for moral support. Abby insists that she will be there. She says she will help me through it by holding my hand, pushing down on my stomach to "pop" the baby out, and she insists on cutting the umbilical cord. She now comes to all my dr appt with me. She has decided she wants to be a dr when she grows up. I had to get an swab test done "down there" last time and she was right there looking, no fear or squimishness, just pure curiousity. My mom will be there to look after her if that changes once she seems me screaming in pain.
And of course hubby will be by my (our) side. When I delivered Abby I used him as a punching bag so I'm a little nervous for him! With Abby and with Blaine my labours were long (21 and 31 hours) and he was by my side for most of that time, pacing, pacing, pacing. A little annoying but I guess that's what Daddies do. I can't wait to see him hold his boy for the first time. And then he's all mine! I don't plan on putting him down until he gets married! We're going to try to go naturally, no pain meds, no interventions. Hopefully hubby won't leave the hospital with too many bruises.
Now we are just playing the waiting game. I am full term as of today. Is it wrong to give your child an eviction notice? Hey Caleb, you have one week to vacate my womb!! `

2 comments:

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Oh - I love it! I've had that song in my mind too at various times! :)

And I love that Abby even WANTS to be there for the birth. Can't wait to hear how that goes. :)

I hope you get the labor and delivery you want - I know we can never count on that, but it can't hurt to imagine the possibility. Much love to you in these final, agonizing weeks (or maybe that's just how i feel about them!).

Let me know if the eviction notice works - so far Dot is ignoring hers! But I have not sent a final notice yet... I'm still feeling a little flexible around her arrival date.

Dana said...

Wow, full-term already! Haha, I know the time hasn't flown for you. My sister is also full-term. What if you have your babies on the same day? That would be cool. Both having boys. We would have to get them together sometime.

I've been thinking about you and will continue to. It's so sweet that Abby wants to be in the room with you. She is so amazing. I'll be watching for updates. I still have to reply to your email (which I thought was so nice). Sorry it hasn't taken me so long!

Sending you big hugs and love and I'll be thinking about you.