Tuesday, April 26, 2011

36 weeks...Almost

Eye on the prize. I can almost see it now, bringing home a little baby. A living, squirming, farting, crying, eating, pink little boy. My anxiety right now is through the roof. Every pain is something wrong. Every two hours I'm counting his movements. Sunday was rough. He wasn't moving like he normally does and I thought for sure my placenta had seperated and he was suffocating. I had a total breakdown and just started crying. My hubby must think I'm insane sometimes! I know I know I'm a drama queen. He paid me back by staying up after midnight, keeping me up by bouncing on my bladder and stomach so I had to pee and eat a handful of antacids. Yesterday he was back to normal. I figure it was because I had an upset stomach on Sunday and that was probably affecting him too. Last night again with the heartburn though. I didn't fall asleep until after 1am. I understand 100% how lucky I am right now. I would not give this up for anything in the world. BUT... I am soooo tired of being pregnant!! Not just for physical reasons but for emotional as well. I just want him home with us. I just want him safe. I don't trust this body of mine. It's actually kind of funny because as I got to this point with my daughter I just wanted to keep her inside me. As eager as I was to meet her, I knew she was safe there and the world suddenly seemed so strange and dangerous. I thought "let me just be pregnant forever." This is the opposite. The longer Caleb stays inside me the greater his chance of dying inside me. My body has killed half of my children. I have to get him out. We washed all of his clothes on Sunday and put them in his drawer. My hospital bag is packed. Saturday is my baby shower. He can come anytime after that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last month is so hard. Thinking of you!!!

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Oh, I hear ya!

I think every day I do a slight flip-flop of - OK baby, stay inside a few more days (so my platelets will go up) and then I quickly think, never mind, come ASAP! I feel some anxiety and fear about birth and parenting, but I'd much rather have her here, as soon as possible! I've never been a very patient waiting kind of person, and I'm not doing so well with this either.

I agree that the emotional part is draining. Yes, I'm ready to not be pregnant for the physical reasons, but much more so for the emotional/mental. My baby wasn't moving her normal way this afternoon and the fear started rising...the thought of stillbirth crossed my mind... yikes! Fortunately she started moving soon after I got scared.

Thinking of you during your last few weeks!!!