Thursday, January 6, 2011

Needed to Rant, Sorry

This may seem like a bit of a rant. It's really come to my attention the past week or so how intolerant I now am about some issues. I no longer have any patience for people who complain about how hard being a parent is. I do not want to listen to idle chit chat about some private nursery school you just "have to" get your unborn child into. I don't care about how much your yuppy stroller costs. I'm fed up with people who would rather work, party, or vacation then spend time with their kids. I don't get the whole "detachment parenting thing" or "training" your baby...just get a puppy! Before you let your child cry themselves to sleep think of how you'll feel if they don't wake up in the morning. I can't go on message boards and listen to non BLM's discuss their pregnancies and how the baby is "annoying them with kicks" or how terrified they are their boobs will sag. If it's too inconvienient to feed and clothe and put your own child to bed when the nanny has the day off, consider how inconvienient it would be if you had to make funeral arrangements. UGH!
Okay, rant done. It's just been building up. I try to stay off the non dead baby parenting sites for this reason. People who haven't lost a child really have no idea how precious that child is. They have no idea how much I would love to be sleep deprived right now. How I would love to be struggling down the street in the snow pushing a cheap stroller. I would love to walk out of the house tomorrow with spit up on my shirt. I wish my house smelled like dirty diapers. I wish my neighbours were complaining about being woken up at 2am by a crying baby. I wish.
I feel like I should have written this entire post in capitals!

2 comments:

LetterstoClaire said...

I am new to your site- I second the rant! There are so many things that parents (pregnant and otherwise) complain about that pale in comparison to the joy of having a baby and the pain of losing them. My boobs could sag to the floor and I'd gladly gain 75 pounds if it meant I would have a baby to bring home in my arms instead of an urn and a velvet bag. I see so many people who struggle to put the needs of their child first and I, at least, am happy knowing that I will never experience that struggle. I will always be able to easily put my child first. I put Claire first every day and she is in heaven.

Dana said...

Well said! I hate hearing people complain about things like that. I feel like telling them what stress really is. Ask how they would feel if their child had died and they didn't have to worry about this thing and that thing. Ask if they would rather not feel the kicks anymore so that they could get a good night's sleep. Since they are so disappointed that their baby is a boy or a girl, the opposite from what they wanted, if they would prefer that they baby just die so they can try again for what they really wanted. I could go on and on.