
The above is a photo that makes me both happy and sad. It's my answer for Day 7 and Day 8 both. It makes me happy because I have a beautiful family. We were blessed to be able to share this vacation together. My daughter loved Disney and getting all dolled up like a princess! We had a great time at the pool and at the beach. It was our first real family vacation away.
It is sad because it is exactly one week to the day that Blaine was born dead. We already had the trip planned and so we decided to still go. It was a good decision and was much better than sitting at home crying. But someone is missing from this picture. Someone should have been with us. I should not have been able to drink by the pool. I should not have been as comfortable as I was in the car ride down. I should have been buying Blaine a stuffed Mickey for when he finally arrived safe. So, our wonderful family vacation so full of great memories and love is tainted by what should have been.
2 comments:
Love Disney! ((((HUGS))) I wish things would have been different.
I wish your trip could have been different. I can just imagine how bittersweet it must have been.
Post a Comment