Thursday, May 5, 2011
The Deep End
The Deep End. I've gone off it. I completely had a breakdown yesterday. Cried on and off all day and then really fell apart last night. I honestly don't know why I'm so crazy right now. I guess I can partly blame hormones? Partly blame the fact that everything I'm doing now I should have been doing last August. Anxiety, stress, physical discomfort, lack of sleep? I'm glad I don't have to make any big decisions right now. I'm at a point where I can't even decide what to have for breakfast or lunch. For lunch right now I am having cookies and cream ice cream. Probably not the best choice. I said to hubby last night, "I wish I was the type of animal that could just crawl into a cave by myself and birth the baby." He could be standing guard at the entrance or hunting for food. A huge part of me wants to be alone but then I'm lonely. I'm alone most of the day, even when Abby is home from school she doesn't really need me. She plays or watches a show. I'm just kind of here to get her a drink or a meal. Even if we go out with another mom and kid I feel alone. I can't relate to these other moms like I used to. They ask me about the pregnancy and I have to fluff it up and make it sound normal. I'd empty the park if I actually told people how I was feeling. I feel bad enough unloading it on my hubby because he just wants to see me happy and thinks it's his responsibility to make me happy. And he can't and it's not even that I'm unhappy. I'm everything right now. Happy and sad. I told him last night to just worry about what he wants and what will make him happy. If he focuses on me it could go either way and there's no point in us both stressing or feeling guilty. I have a hope that all of this will go away once Caleb is successfully in my arms. Once I get that positive rush of hormones. I guess if that doesn't happen there's always drugs! Prescription ones of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have been thinking about you alot and wondering how you are holding up.
I think you can blame the hormones, and of course, being a dead baby mama.
I feel alone too. Not quite in the same way, but also in a similar way. If I'm not with a baby loss Mom or my husband, I feel alone because no one understands.
I hope it goes away once Caleb is in your arms too. But I suspect that it will stick around in a different way, because you will be thinking of how Blaine should have done the things that Caleb is doing.
I think of you so often, wondering what is happeneing, if you are in labour, if you are OK. Sending you lots of love and hugs. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.
I think I say this a lot, but I hear you! I'm feeling so emotional today... I have my days where I'm just DONE! My therapist asks me, done with what?... I don't know... everything. I want my baby here, I want my grief over Acacia to subside a bit, I want to know it will all be OK this time... I'm physically and emotionally exhausted, and I don't know how long I can keep doing this! Of course I keep going, another day comes, and somehow i make it through... but it's hard, and as you said, it's lonely.
And if icecream is what you need for lunch - enjoy!
Love to you!
Post a Comment