Monday, March 28, 2011
Sweet Relief
I am so relieved. The worst of my anxiety has passed. I think when I hit the really low point weeks ago it must have been just the withdrawal from the medication. I still am anxious and sad but I feel it's normal. I read lots of other blogs and ALL of the moms who are expecting are as anxious as I am. And ALL of the moms who have lost babies around this time of year and are coming up to the one year mark are as sad as I am. I have plateaued into something normal and while it still sucks that I'm anxious and sad at least I know I'm not crazy. It's manageable and it's what is to be expected at this moment in my life. I feel like it was such a good decision to get off of the meds. I feel much better without them. I will still have to make the decision after Caleb is born about whether I want to go back on them. I did have post partum depression after I had Abigail and I had to take meds for about a year. I'm not going to worry about that right now though. I'll think about it when I am preparing for my post labour checkup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you are feeling better. It is so nice when the anxiety leaves. I think it is totally normal to be feeling the way you do, especially since you know so much about the bad things that can happen. The upcoming anniversaries don't help either.
Thinking of you everyday. It would be nice to get together this Spring or summer.
I'm glad you are feeling better! And I'm excited that you only have a couple more weeks of work!!!
Post a Comment