I've got everything prepared for his memory boxes, to donate on his bday to the hospital. I have to still contact them which I'll talk to my doctor about on Wed. Hopefully they will take them, if not I'm sure the bereavement group we used to go to will have use for them. A friend of mine made cute little blankets, doll size, to include. And then I have framed poem the poem "Just Those Few Weeks" which can be found on my page of poems...I made it look like this for framing, size 4x6
and a scented candle, and a keychain which can be engraved. I decided to keep it simple and non religious so that it can be given to anyone.
For Blaine's birthday I'm also hoping to order one of these for our family...I saw it on Etsy and am in love!

I've been looking at all sorts of sculptures and figurines but none really speak to me like this. I can't remember where I read it but I remember reading "we are a family of (five) but with one missing, and that is a huge difference." This makes me think of that.
14 more days til Mat Leave! I am feeling so relieved and so ready to just be home and prepare for our new arrival. I've washed Caleb's "wear at hospital" and "wear home" outfits. Just in case he comes early.
2 comments:
Wow, 14 days! That is exciting. I love those sculptures too. I have one for our family of four too.
Oh, the rollercoaster sounds familar (as you read on my blog yesterday). It's an exhausting ride!
I'm so excited for you with your upcoming maternity leave. I hope the time off before Caleb comes is whatever you need/want it to be.
And I read your comment about trying to hear Caleb's heartbeat through your belly - did that work? My dh can usually hear Dot's. We learned that quite late in Acacia's pregnancy when my midwife wondered if she could just put her ear to my belly to hear her heartbeat - sure enough, she could. So my dh tried that w/ Dot and it's often worked. I guess she's usually pretty close to the surface, and my placenta isn't in front either. Wish I could try it too! :)
Your memory boxes sound so precious, and the sculpture is beautiful. Such meaningful ways to remember Blaine.
Post a Comment