
This was the first email I opened at work today. It was titled "Blaine in China." This is Blaine's name written in Chinese at the Great Wall of China. My friend Liz at work did this for me as a surprise birthday gift. Liz is one of those rare "BM's" who have actually taken time to "get" the whole "BLM" thing. Liz could write a book to tell friends and family what to do and say when someone you know loses a child. I had to surpress tears of joy at my desk looking at this. It was a perfect bday present. Love it love it love it.
Another pleasant surprise, my supervisor and someone I consider to be a friend and mentor took me out for a bday luncheon. It was nice to go out for lunch and just chit chat. And work has been really busy for me lately and I haven't taken a proper lunch in over a week so that was nice too.
And now time to finish my candy cane cheesecake! I love being spoiled.
1 comment:
What wonderful surprises!!!
Post a Comment