The writing challenge for Faces Of Loss, Faces of Hope this month is "Thanksgiving."
I truly am thankful. And I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm going to do this as a list but not in any particular order.
I am thankful for my family, my hubby and my daughter
I am thankful for the beanie baby growing inside me
I am thankful for the short time I had with Blaine
I am thankful for what I have gained since I lost Blaine, the knowledge, the strength, the spirit, the friendships.
I am thankful for stupid T.V. shows and books which keep my mind occupied
I am thankful for a job where I can be myself, even on those days when I have to go into the bathroom stall and cry
I am thankful for friendships, the old that are still around and the new
I am thankful for God and the strength he has given me
I am thankful that I didn't let the darkness overwhelm me, that I didn't become bitter and resentful
I am thankful for all of the programs that are out there that reach out to women like me, groups like PBSO who helped me maintain my sanity!
There is probably so much more I should put. All I have to do is watch the news to know how lucky I am. It's so easy sometimes to put on a "woe is me" face and feel as if the world is out to get me. I have lost the most important thing in the world, one of my children. But even with such great loss I have so many blessings. And now when I start to feel bitter or angry at the world I just keep that in mind.
2 comments:
I love that you say that even with such great loss you have many blessings. I am thankful that we can still see those through this cloud of grief.
There are so many bad things that happen out there. Just when I start to feel overwhelmed, I think about people suffering with chronic or terminal diseases, the people living in poverty, the people starving....it puts things in perspective and helps me to focus on what I do have. Although we will always miss our kids and forever grieve their loss, things could be worse.
Post a Comment