Friday, September 3, 2010

The Scrambler Part Deux

Shhh...I'm blogging at work..hehe. Today was an exceptionally good day. After two weeks of emotional lows and a probable ecotopic pregnancy, yesterday was refreshing. And a good day I really needed to have. I was surprisingly well rested and optimistic when I woke up in the morning. Got to work and had a really good morning, not too busy but just enough. Some good laughs. Went out for lunch with my friend to the farmer's market. I bought myself two big beautiful sunflowers. Afternoon started off really well. I just felt at peace. I'm feeling optimistic that I'm going to get preggo this month. I feel like the darkness that surrounded me the past few days is gone. I feel like this is my month. I deserve some good news and I've been a pretty good person so karma should be catching up to me. I know this sounds incredibly naive but it's what I'm trying to make myself believe right now! I have to believe in the positive. That good things are coming my way.
There was only one glitch in my almost perfect day yesterday. I got an email from a coworker. One of those stupid chain things that people pass around. Usually they don't bother me. But this one was warning all us woman that carrying our cell phones around can actually cause miscarriage and infertility. Really? I was shocked, did she seriously send me this email? I had three options, 1: get up and punch her in the throat...2: take a walk and cool off...3: reply back to all in the email and say something like "do you think that's why my baby died? the doctors couldn't explain it maybe you can?" I wisely opted for number 2, took a walk to the bathroom shut myself in the stall screamed into some toilet paper and cried for a minute. This was the first time I had cried at work since I've been back from my 5 week mental hiatus. I know she didn't mean any harm. She didn't think about it. And that's it. She didn't think about it because she has probably already forgotten. I don't know what peeved me off more...the fact that she sent a careless email without thinking of who she was sending it to or the stupid email itself. Yes, ladies according to the person who wrote the email, I'm sure they're a celebrated and award winning doctor, prolonged exposure to cell phones causes miscarriage. Phew, I'm glad there's a good reason for all the dead babies out there. I was able to actually cool off after about an hour and put things in perspective. But for that one hour I was seething and she is very lucky I was at work. And that I have extremely good self control. I'm a Jasper when it comes to controlling my emotions, hardly any outbursts at all. (I'm reading Twilight for the 6th time sorry). It got me thinking about what I really want and need from people. I'm not going to compile it all here because I am at work and this is getting to be a long post already.
I was able to salvage the day though, my supervisor met with me because she heard about what happened. My friend Lisa was appalled at the email and sent my supervisor a note about it. Joking around with my supervisor always brightens my mood. She has been so supportive and such a good friend, leader and mentor.
So, a minor snag but today I am feeling really good again. It may just be another ride on the Scrambler but if it is and I'm going to crash again I plan on enjoying this while I can!

1 comment:

Danae said...

Cell phones...that MUST be it! Does that mean I can blame my work for it, because I have to carry a cell phone with me so I can be contacted at any hour by work? What an insensitive and jerk-ish thing to send. I'm glad you opted for option 2, but the jerk in me probably would have gone for option 3.

I'm glad you have had some pretty good days. And I'm glad you are feeling so positive about this month. I'm trying to be positive about this month too.

Here's to being positive!