Monday, September 6, 2010

Scrapbooking

I have started to round up all of the resources I need for scrapbooking Blaine's brief life. I chose the paper, not exactly what I wanted but it's nice. I've chosen what is going to go on the paper...on page for his life and one for his death. For his life I'll have his ultrasound photo, a photo of me pregnant and a little synopsis of my pregnancy. For his death I'll have the metal tag he was cremated with, the memorial card from the funeral home and his footprints. In the background I'm going to write out the song "The Dance" by Garth Brooks. I may do a page of the butterfly release we went to in June. And that's it. That's pretty depressing. Once I have everything gathered it'll take about two hours to do these pages. I almost don't want to start because I don't want to finish. But I want to do them and have them hanging up. Along side photos of Big Sis. It's just sad that I don't get to do a lifetime of scrapbooking. I get two maybe three pages. Too brief.
My rant for today...a fellow BLM created a FB event to remind everyone of October 15th. I invited all of my "friends" and half jokingly said if they chose not to attend I would delete them. It is clearly marked as a virutal event. That's even in capitals so it's pretty clear. And now I am left with the question, do I delete the people, including my own brother, who said "not attending?" Either they didn't even bother to read the event and just automatically put not attending because they can't take time out of their precious lives. Or, they read it and aren't smart enough to understand what "virtual event" means. Either way do I want them as "friends?" Either they're really dumb or they're self absorbed. Which is worse? I've already deleted some cold hearted people from my FB. Today I deleted the "friend" who said she'd do a photo of B's name for me and then couldn't be bothered.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Good luck with the scrapbook. It breaks my heart that you won't have more pictures of Blaine to scrapbook with. I hope you share your scrapbook pages with us.

I don't know what to do about the facebook friends. I may invite some friends and see what happens. I think alot of people just delete things without looking at the actual events. It is pretty annoying if they actually read it and can't even be bothered to light a candle on October 15th.

Danae said...

We light candles almost every night, so lighting on October 15th will be no issue. I have a bad habit of not looking at events until much MUCH later, and sometimes the event has already passed.

I have all the things to start Bailey's scrapbook, but I'm terrified of starting it, because once it's done, it's final. And I'm not ready for that. I want to cling to the little bit of fantasy I have left.