Monday, September 13, 2010

Waves of Emotion

Today the bitterness has really sunk in. I found myself wondering how many zoloft it would take to put me in a coma for a week. (no I am not suicidal) I can't function today and today is only day one of what looks to be a week from hell. Today is 5 months since Blaine entered the human world dead. Or at least I think he was dead, wouldn't know since I didn't even look at him. Tomorrow is Tuesday. Saturday is D day. Today was brutal. There were no shining moments. Just a ball of bitterness and anger. And of course there were preggos everywhere. Everywhere I went. Can they not take one day off? And you know what is going to happen? I've realized I'm going to spend all week wondering if I'm pregnant and then AF is going to come on Saturday. You know she's like that. If she comes this month I'm welcoming her with a bottle of tequila. Today was the first day since I've been on my meds that I've had chest pains from anxiety. I just want to curl up into a ball and cry and scream but I can't. I don't want to make any decisions this week. I don't want to think about anything else but Blaine. I want to feel close to him this week. I hope his urn arrives before Saturday. I got incredibly bitter today thinking about all of the abusive mothers out there who don't deserve to conceive children. I was just walking along and these thoughts came in my head. All of these horrible people who should be dead themselves never mind out there breeding while my son lies in a box in ashes. Literally in ashes. I've thought all day I should pray and ask God for some strength but I don't know if I want to. Not this week. This week I want to feel it. I want to feel the pain and the anger and the raw grief. I want to look like I just got hit by a bus. I want to have sleepless nights. I want to suffer. I can't explain why it just feels like I should. How dare I have any good moments this week. I don't want Him to take my pain away. Not yet. I need it this week. I need to feel B with me this week and the pain is one of the few things I have left. Hubby and I had a bit of a bickering. We were in the store trying to decide what to have for dinner and he says "get something to make you feel better." And every inch of me wanted to scream, "oh, I didn't know a microwavable dinner would bring B back to life!!" I didn't and insisted he pick out something for dinner because my brain is jelly right now but he wouldn't. Ugh!!! I know he means well and I love him for caring about me so much but stop asking me what's wrong. It is always the same thing. My son is dead. That's what's wrong. That's what was wrong two months ago and a day ago and 5 years from now. Life is wrong.

10 comments:

rebecca said...

So sorry, these anniversary's are heartbreaking. Life will never be okay without our precious babies, but know that you are not alone with your grief. Thinking of you & sending love.

Angela said...

Just don't combine the tequila and zoloft and you will be fine :)

I am sorry you are having a hard time right now. The three month anniversary was like this for me. If you want to feel the pain and sadness this week, go for it, but don't let it consume you entirely.

Thinking of you and Blaine.

Julie said...

sometimes i find myself wanting to feel that raw pain and grief that was so acute in the first weeks, as if it would bring me closer to kenny again. thinking of you...

Jessica said...

The other day was 7 months ago that I lost my first angel and in 14 days would have been the original due date. It's so sad that we all have to go through this. You are in my thoughts...

Dana said...

I'm sorry today was so hard. I thought of you and Blaine often. These anniversaries are always bad. I keep telling myself that it will get easier, but it would be nice if that happened sooner rather than later. I really don't believe it will ever get easier though.

I can't stand seeing all the pregnant women. And there always seem to be more when I am feeling incredibly low.

The other day I was wishing for some physical pain, I thought it might help the emotional pain. Then I fell, totally by accident, got lots of cuts and you know what. It doesn't help the emotional pain at all. Nothing does.

My husband asks me what is wrong too. I got tired of saying that I'm sad about Jacob. Now I just say "I'm sad" and let him figure it out. What else do I have to be sad about (luckily - I know I'm fortunate in all other areas of my life).

Thinking of you. Sending you love and hugs. I know Blaine is with you. I wish it was in the way that he should be though.

Melissa said...

I know sometimes it feels right to just feel that pain, but be gentle to yourself too. I am thinking of you a lot this week.

Maggie said...

((((((HUGE HUGS)))))) I'm sorry you're having a tough day. xo

Heather said...

I will be thinking of you as you face this difficult day ahead. I have found that the anticipation for these milestone dates is often much worse than the days themselves. I hope that is the case for you. ((hugs))

Alissa said...

Hi Elaine,
I'm just going to send hugs your way...and let you know that I am thinking of you. No words can make this better...just know that you are loved and supported.

Danae said...

Just sending you lots and lots of hugs. I thought of you and Blaine so much last week, and I lit a candle and thought of him on Saturday.

There's a card coming your way...it's definitely late, but here lately, I can't seem to do anything on time!

Thinking of you!!!