For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting another BLM in person, I highly highly recommend you do. Either through meeting an online friend or attending a local bereavement group. There is a reason why Trekkies get together; why swingers have their own clubs; why jocks hang out at sports bars. There is a lot to be said about being around like minded, like experienced people. We attended a group but stopped when I became pregnant. I didn't miss it at first but I sort of do now. I love getting together with my sisters of loss. Even when we don't talk about our babies they are there. We could be chatting about a movie or book but Blaine is in the room, their babies are in the room.
If you have not checked out Jack at Random, he has a post today about the group he attends. He says it far more eloquently than I can. http://www.jackatrandom.com/2011/09/hi-my-name-is-josh-and-i-have-dead-baby.html
"They are young and old, african american and caucasian and hispanic and asian, married and single, years removed from their loss and months removed from their loss. Their broken bodies and broken hearts enter the room from around the city, from incomplete families and empty cribs, from lives that they didn’t imagine. And while I can hardly remember their names and I know next to nothing about their backgrounds, or where they work or where they live or what kind of people they are, I do know one thing: Their babies died too." ~ Jack
1 comment:
I agree. What you and Jack wrote sums it up so well. I'm going to start following his blog.
Post a Comment