1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
cremate a child; find out that I'm pregnant twice in the same year; start blogging; take Abigail to Disney
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
don't make them
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
me and my sister
4. Did anyone close to you die?
my son
5. What countries/states did you visit?
Florida and the states in between Canada and Florida
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
a successful pregnancy; a summer off to spend with Abby and baby
7. What dates/events from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 15th - found out I was preggo; April 11th - the day I went into labour; April 13th - the day I delivered Blaine; June 29 - the day I snapped! September 17th - found out I was preggo; December 22nd - found out baby was a boy! Also, taking Abby to Florida on vacation; Niagara Falls with hubby
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
surviving
9. What was your biggest failure?
Blaine's death
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
only if mental counts
11. What was the best thing you bought?
wii ; trip to Florida
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my fellow blm's who embraced me and got me through the worst; my husband; my daughter
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
won't name names
14. Where did most of your money go?
food and daycare fees
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
having a baby
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
In My Bones - Blue Rodeo
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? poorer in cash flow; richer in spirit
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
play with my daughter; cherish my pregnancy
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
scream
20. How did you spend Christmas?
cooking and cleaning
21. Which blogspot people did you meet this year?
only one IRL, Dana
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
yes, with my kids and hubby
23. How many one-night stands?
none
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Vampire Diaries
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
not hate but dislike
26. What was the best book you read?
"fearless" by Max Lucado
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The album Recovery. I discovered that while Eminem may not be a BLM he "gets it" The grief, the rage, the depression. It's amazing how someone like that can sum it all up. " I can't tell you how it really is I can only tell you what it feels like and right now it's a steel knife in my windpipe."
28. What did you want and get?
a baby
29. What did you want and not get?
a living baby
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I've watched lots but they're mostly a blur, maybe "The Last Airbender"
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
dinner and a movie, 32
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
not cremating my son
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
no fashion sense
34. What kept you sane?
God, friends, writing
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
no idea, maybe the guy from the V.D.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
abortion
37. Who did you miss?
Blaine
38. Who was the best new person you met?
that's a tough one because I have met so many amazing women online, friends and sisters.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
life is incredibly unfair; not only do bad things happen to good people but the worst of things happen to the best people; I can survive almost anything.
3 comments:
Hoping 2011 is a lot better! XO
2011 has to be better. i copied this list on my blog, I liked it so much
<3 So much love. I'm intrigued about this Eminem album now!! I remember liking one of his albums back in like... 2001? I'll have to check it out. I don't know if you're a fan, but Muse has been my #1 musical love since losing V... their music is so complex and emotional.
Post a Comment