Friday, December 3, 2010

Uckiness Gone!

Well today I am feeling much better but Abby vomited again last night :(. Took her to the walk in clinic and it is the stomach flu so the poor girl is on a strictly fluid diet for the next 24 hours and then just plain foods after that for another day or two. Hubby is on his way home from work so I can rest. Didn't sleep much last night because I was sleeping with her and everytime she moved or made a noise I thought she was going to throw up and would jump up and grab the bowl for her to throw up in. I'm exhausted. It's amazing how lack of sleep can also make you more emotional. As I've mentioned a hundred times already I am still excited about Christmas. But as we walked home from the clinic we passed some stores selling decorations and of course I thought of Blaine. This one store sells kids clothes and they have all of these cute little outfits and bath robes in the window. I know we would have gotten him the Maple Leaf bath robe. And I probably would have bought him a Yankee shirt just to tease Daddy!
I remember this time last year. I was eagerly waiting for Aunt Flo to come! We had decided December was the month we were going to start trying to get pregnant. For the first time I couldn't wait for my period to come! I used an online calculator to determine when I would be ovulating. Now it was just waiting. Waiting for December 22 - 25 to come around. I was so excited, I'd get to be pregnant by Christmas even if it was just a day or two! And I was. We had not trouble at all. Here I am pregnant at Christmas again. But without the baby from last year. I feel like I've been pregnant all year. Though I'm not complaining about being pregnant because I know I am blessed, I will feel glad to get my body back. This is something I get emotional about these days. How fat I've gotten, how rundown I feel, how my entire focus this year has been on being pregnant and having a baby. My focus is usually number one on my family but not like this. This year I have been obsessed with it. It's one of the reasons why I made the decision that this was it, my last pregnancy. Good or bad.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I hope Abby gets feeling better soon!!