Saturday, August 18, 2012

Life Here

Life is pretty good here.  I have two living children who are currently snuggled up napping on the couch together.  They are so in love.  Yet...

I have just cleaned my bedroom and inevitably ended up reorganizing Blaine's things and cleaning them as well.  I miss him.  I miss what could have been.  It's not even really "missing" because I didn't know Blaine.  Let's be honest.  For all I know Blaine could have grown up to be a real jerk.  He was a baby in the womb.  He didn't do anything that I can "miss."  So, I guess that's not the word.  "Long."  I long for the little kicks and punches I felt so early on.  I wish.  I wish I had a lifetime of memories to miss.  It's hard to explain to someone who has never "lost" a pregnancy.  All of the things you thought would be your life for the next 60 years are gone.

I'm not unusually sad or depressed today.  I'm just thinking of him a lot.  It's just one of those days that I still have every once in awhile where I have to revisit that time.  That time when grief was fresh and new.

My sad little attempt at doing something creative!  lol  Couldn't find a "perfect" background.


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I know those days. HUGS

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Love to hear life is good! And course there is the "yet". I know that feeling. life is good here, and yet. Thinking a lot more about Acacia these days as her three year anniversary is in Sept. I think Aug. might be harder for me than Sept. as I anticipate the anniversary.

Love seeing Blaine's name!

XOXO