Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Then and Now

The Dream. 

Last year I was dreaming about two boys.  This year I am blessed enough to be holding one, loving one, nursing one, teaching one.

I remember how anxious I was about Caleb, would he make it?  I wish I could go back and reassure pregnant me that he would.  Tell her to enjoy it.  Looking back at how nervous I was I know I missed important things.  I remember the anxiety more than I remember the joy.  I do remember the kicks and nudges.  How he'd let me know he was still there, still moving and breathing.  He is truly a Momma's boy.  He may be one of the few men I've ever met that "gets me." 
I never let a day go by without thanking God for these babies of mine.  All of them.  A, B, and C. 

2 comments:

Danae said...

I remember the anxiety more than the joy too, because that's what was there. I wanted to be more excited, but at the same time, I couldn't let my guard down and risk getting my heart broken again because I wasn't prepared.

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

This is random - but I wanted to let you know that I wrote Blaine's name down the other day. I went to a Day of the Dead exhibit at a local museum and one of the alters on display was made by 3 mamas who all lost their first babies. One of the areas of the exhibit was butterfly stickers to write people's name on them and stick them on the wall. I was teary-eyed through most of the exhibit, and wrote down Acacia's name on a butterfly. Then I thought of many of the other BLMs that I know and you and Blaine came to mind. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera on me to take a picture - but I wanted to let you know Blaine's name was up on that wall with Acacia's and a few others as well.

Love to you and all of yours!