Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving

This month is US Thanksgiving...which by the way US readers, thank you for celebrating my bday with a national holiday!! 
I've been reading a lot of blogs on being thankful and what you are thankful for.  I was going to participate on FB.  I typed in "Day 1: I am thankful for my kids" and then stopped and cried instead.  I know if I type though most people will assume I am thankful for Abby and Caleb.  How would I even begin to explain that I'm thankful for Blaine?  Does it seem like I'm over it now that I have Caleb?  It's strange how I feel guilty sometimes about posting things about Caleb.  Not just because I don't want people to think I've forgotten but I also think of everyone on my friend's list who hasn't had a rainbow yet.  I wonder if my posts hurt them, or maybe they've just blocked me from their newsfeed.  It's strange going into a store and buying something for Abby and Caleb and then feeling guilty for not buying Blaine anything.  What do you buy a dead baby for Christmas? 
I am thankful for so many things in my life and for so many people.  I am thankful for all of the gifts and lessons that EACH of my THREE children have taught me.

1 comment:

Danae said...

I included Bailey in my "I'm thankful fors" on day 1. I think I put something along the lines of "I am thankful for both of my daughters" and there was more with it.

I agree...sometimes I feel guilty for posting pictures of Cameron because I don't want to cause anyone pain. But, at the same time, I remember seeing pictures of rainbows, and although I was INSANELY jealous at times, it also gave me so much hope to know that maybe and hopefully, I could have that too.

Thinking of you, your family, and Blaine. He's never far from my thoughts.