Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Friends

Last night I had the pleasure of having dinner with Dana. Dana is the momma to three heavenly angels, Jacob, Cub and August, as well as a blossoming little Rainbow in utero. It was so nice to be able to sit and talk to someone who really knows how I feel. Who doesn't think I'm crazy or obsessed or weird. Someone I can spill my deepest fears and regrets to who won't stare at me in silence or struggle to say "the right thing." You never know how important it is to have people like that in your life until you really need them. I've had a handful of people who have come into my life and I've thought to myself that they must have been sent there for a reason. Dana is one of those people. Maybe it's the sisterhood of babyloss, the grief that only we share and understand, the journey we are all on and will be on forever. It was just really nice. To cry and laugh and talk about morbid things like what infant coffins look like. Things we moms don't talk about on playdates and coffee dates.
I'm feeling much more relaxed today, maybe it helps to just get it out of my system. Now I feel clear headed and ready to keep on keeping on.

1 comment:

Dana said...

It was so great seeing you again last night. And so good talking about all the things we can't talk about with others. I'm so glad that we met. I've also been feeling better today, like a bit of a weight has been lifted. Thank you.