Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else
I don't think I'm different than everyone else. I do feel very different then the other moms I am around at the park or on playdates. I just can't focus on the same things they chat and worry about. I don't care about the latest trends in strollers or baby whispering techniques. I don't worry about sleep schedules and finding diapers on sale. I sit with them at the park or coffee shop and I just find my mind wandering. I think about what really worries me like SIDS and weird diseases that kill infants. I think about Blaine and how old he'd be and what we'd be watching him doing. I think about my BLM friends and how I'd rather be with them watching their rainbows play with Caleb. I just can't listen to the stuff that isn't life changing. I can't focus on the trivial right now. I would like to get back to the point where I can. Where I can have mindless chit chat about naptimes and not want to scream out "I don't care as long as he's breathing." So, I do feel different then other moms. I'm sure most of you reading can relate to that. Once you've lost a child parenthood changes for you. It doesn't necessarily make you a better parent, it just changes your priorities. It changes you outlook.
Day 23- Something you crave for a lot
I scream for ice cream! Chocolate. Wine, cheese, crackers and dip. Those are my 6 weaknesses.
1 comment:
I think hanging around with Mom's talking about those things would drive me a little nuts. Like you said, who cares abotu scheduled nap times, as long as he is breathing.
Post a Comment