Sunday, April 29, 2012

Back to Work

Tomorrow is a big day for us, back to work!  If you are on my FB friends list you know I've been going on and on about this for weeks now.  So sad to leave my little man.  And Abby as well although she's at school all day anyway so it won't be as big a deal to be away from her.  Caleb and I are still nursing though and we have daily smooching sessions and naps and playdates.  There will be lots of tears this week I'm sure, for me and him.  He's never been away from me for more than 5 or 6 hours.  I know I just have to suck it up and eventually we'll adjust.

One thing I forgot to mention about our trip.  As I was finalizing the packing the morning we left I realized I hadn't thought of Blaine's ashes and "things."  Was I just going to leave them here alone?  I couldn't fathom the idea and yet I didn't really want to bring two boxes of stuff with me.  I desperately called another BLM that lives fairly close, Kai's mom Akemi, and asked if they could babysit.  Actually I got her husband and after a complete emotional breakdown, asked.  They did and he spent a week with their little guy Kai.  I can't believe I didn't think of it until the last minute and was so glad that I had someone close by that I could trust with him.  It was a weird experience going through my phone list and thinking "ok, who will do this without thinking I'm nuts?"  All the more reason to make some IRL BLM friends.

1 comment:

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Oh, I hope the transition back to work goes as smoothly as possible, and I can imagine it will be oh-so-hard!

Thinking of you and Caleb as you make this new transition in your relationship.

XOXO!