Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas

A couple of days late.  I've been catching up today on the blogs I follow.  I'm glad to hear there were lots of peaceful and joy filled Christmases out there.    Sad to hear of so many families still without a rainbow, or worse, missing multiple children this year.

Here is a photo of a candle that my friend Dana lit in memory of Blaine....and below it a poem I came across



We had a pretty good Christmas.  It was a very toned down year.  I didn't go out and spend the money I usually spend.  I've decided I don't want to make Christmas a time of excess for the kids.  I want them to learn the true meaning of giving not getting.  And I want to create family traditions outside of just opening presents.  This year was a good start and no one seemed to care that I didn't spend thousands on presents...yes, I usually spend that much on presents.  Here is a photo of me and the kids...



Happy New Year to all!  I hope 2012 brings more joy, more love, more peace, more memories.

1 comment:

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Merry Christmas to you. LOVE the photo of you and the kids - beautiful!

And I agree - here's to more joy, love, peace and memories in 2012.

Thank you, thank you for the Xmas card. I smiled when I saw that in the mail. I too am so thankful we met.

Much love to you and all of yours!