This is the end of week one of me weaning off of my Zoloft. So far so good. I haven't had too much of an increase in any anxiety and the physical symptoms have been controllable. They are basically the same as things you would experience while pregnant anyway. Caleb has been bouncing around regularly and seems to be doing fine. I was a little worried he might be having some withdrawal from the meds because for two days he was quieter than usual. Could have just been a growth spurt though as he seems bigger and stronger this week. Thanks to everyone who has sent me a prayer and support. I thought it would be much tougher than it has been and maybe it isn't as tough because I have that support. I've been making sure to pray more and to rest more. I've been trying to eat a little healthier this week and not exert myself. I've been using a "buffer" at work to deal with stressful situations (basically my coworker who I send to do the stuff I don't want to do like deal with the bully supervisor or answer this other guy's millions of questions).
I'm at 27 weeks now. It's hard to believe that within the next 10 to 12 weeks I'll be going into labour. I've had a couple Braxton Hicks already and am loving it! I know that sounds crazy but I can't wait to feel that first contraction. I am in no way a lover of pain but each pain will bring my boy closer to coming home. I've been thinking a lot about what I want in terms of labour this time around. This will be my third L&D and there are things I want done differently than I had them with Abby and Blaine (well first I want him alive and home when it's over). Of course a part of me is wishing I could check into the hospital at 36 weeks and have them just take Caleb out so I can bring him home faster!! I want it to be more special than that though. I want him to come when HE is ready to come. I want to make it a smooth and beautiful transition from womb to room. I am really going to sit down this time and go over a birth plan. I'm way too anxious to birth at home although I'd love it. What I will do is stay home as long as possible and head to the hospital at the last moment (I joke that I want to see his head before we leave for the hospital). I've enjoyed the Braxton Hicks because they are yet another sign that I am progressing nicely along.
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for our friend's baby. His birth was a tough one for me as he was due just a week or two before Blaine's due date. His mom and I were pregnant at the sametime. It was really exciting and I was hoping to have the mom friend to share stories with as they grew. Visiting him for the first time after he was born was extremely difficult and emotional. I sucked it up though and even held him for a bit. The boys should be playing together at this time. But one is dead and the other is sick. It's heartbreaking and I hope he makes it through this and lives a long and healthy life.
3 comments:
I'm so thankful that the zoloft weaning is going well for you!
Yeah, your a little nuts for loving the braxton hicks, but I can totally see why! I was the same way this time around. We just had our 35 week check up and the doc is expecting him in just a week or two. I've been on pins and needles. Had a ton of contractions today to boot. I too just want him here and healthy. Hang in there! You're almost done!!
I'm glad that it is going well so far.
I'm glad you have such a great coworker to deal with the stressful stuff.
Wow, 27 weeks. The time has flown (for me). It seems like just yesterday that you found out that you were pregnant. And it doesn't seem like so long ago that we met. We have to get together again sometime.....
My cousin has down syndrome and is in her mid-twenties now. She wasn't born with heart problems, but developed them when she was 7, got very very sick and almost died. She spent a long time in Sick Kids. She is fine now though. I will post this on your friend's site soon. I know the situations are different, but they might like to know.
"beautiful transition from womb to room" - I love that thought! I'm gonna have to think on that one for a bit. And your perspective on embracing the pain of contractions because it will bring you that much closer to your boy gave me a sense of comfort and hope... I'm struggling with that in my own preparation for labor and delivery. I know we have our own process and fears to face, but reading that part of your post gave me a sense of not being alone in this experience.
Glad to hear the weaning off of Zoloft is going so well.
Post a Comment