Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby Mama Drama

I was going to post today all about my anxiety but I am exhausted. Had another false alarm and just got back from the hospital. Thought I was leaking fluids but may have just peed myself a little! Third trip to the hospital for this little guy and thank God, third false alarm. Although we did get to have another stress test and listen to him bounce around for 20 minutes. I wish I could get Caleb's heartbeat on tape. It was so relaxing I almost fell asleep waiting to see the doctor. I may have to get a stethoscope when he's born so I can still listen to it. When we were leaving the hospital we went through the emerg corridor and I walked through the doors and realized at the sametime as hubby that those were the doors they wheeled me through when we were losing Blaine. A sad moment in an otherwise nice evening. Weird calling a trip to maternity triage a nice evening but since nothing was wrong and we got to hear our boy it was kind of nice. My dr was the one on call and she joked about how much attention my vagina has gotten these past couple of months. We also got to see Dr Sasquatch who was just leaving but popped in to see why I was there. And the triage nurse was soo so nice. I hope she's there when I'm actually in labour. The Dr said "don't worry come back whenever you feel you need to." But I feel like I waste their time and don't want to be a drama queen. Hopefully no more false alarms. I just have to relax and enjoy the rest of this ride.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad it's a false alarm and I'm glad the doctors and nurse were so nice! I love that they are.....no more false alarms I hope....no more alarms at all until the time is right!

Betty said...

So glad all is ok. Check around on your cell phone. We found a way to record sounds on there and have Daniel's heart beat saved as a ring tone.

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Always glad and relieved to hear about false alarms. Given our losses, how can we be anything but hyper-vigilent?!

Hearing my baby's heart beat is music to my ears too.

Much love to you and your growing family. :)