Superbowl Sunday. Hardly a significant day in my life since I am not a sports person. However, hubby and I have made a tradition of watching it together. My husband is a total jock so I don't know if he really loves to spend it with me but he does and never complained that I want him at home. He starts planning our menu even before I remember the Super Bowl is coming. Last night it was nachos, wings, pan de jamon (my new favourite food) and for dessert homemade banana muffins and for me, ice cream. As we sat and ate and watched I couldn't help but think of last year's game. Last year I was pregnant with Blaine. I was still in the early stages. I was so sick with nauseau that I could barely eat. I didn't finish the game or dinner and went to bed early. Last night I went to bed early too exhausted from all the normal pregnancy stuff (but did eat my share!). It's amazing how these insignificant events can come back to remind us of what was or should have been.
Back in the ER today, another slight scare, although this time it was my health not the baby's. I had chest pains and shortness of breath all morning. I called my doctor and one of them that I see at the office said to go to the Maternity Triage (yeah Caleb is human now I don't have to go to the regular ER!). So we did and had a stress test and checked my blood pressure. All good. My dr is right across the street so the hospital called her and she said to go over there. So, we went over there and she checked my urine and did my blood pressure again. Everything was fine. She said it was most likely my uterus stretching up into my chest or my positioning. If it happens again I'm to move around or lie down for a bit. Benefit of this was that we got to listen to Caleb for 20 minutes for the stress test. Daddy loved it. Everytime Caleb kicked you could hear a jump in the staticky sound. His heartbeat was perfect, between 150 and 160 the whole time. He kept kicking at the probes that were on my stomach. It was so funny cause you could actually see my stomach moving as he tried to kick them away. He doesn't like being poked and prodded and we've had far too much of it. The sucky part was that I had to leave work early and spend 4 hours wondering if I was dying. My dr said next time to just go and see her but it would have been nice if the other woman had of just said that! Oh well. We're healthy and the chest pains are gone right now so that's the important thing.
2 comments:
Those moments are bittersweet.....it's funny what things take us right back to our pregnancies with our boys.
I'm glad that everything has turned out OK and that you got to hear Caleb's heartbeat for so long. It must have been so nice, apart from the worry. Caleb sure is showing his personality already :)
I'm so glad everything was ok! I'm glad you got to spend the extra time with your little one though.
Post a Comment