I've never had that large group of friends. I always sort of envied people who did. Especially at happy times like baby showers and weddings I thought it would be nice if I had like 20 girlfriends to go crazy with. Instead my baby shower with Abby was mostly family and my bachelorette party consisted of 6 people, one of which was my sister and another was a friend of a friend. When I lost Blaine again I thought how nice it would be to have that large group. I've realized how wrong I was. I read other blogs and see other BLM's on FB and what they have to go through. The negative comments, the critisizms, the "helpful suggestions" on how to do it next time. And I am so grateful I can count my real friends on one hand. I may only be able to fill one booth at a restaurant for my bday but I am lucky that at least those people know me well enough not to say something stupid or ignorant. My heart goes out to the BLM's who have to deal with that on top of dealing with their loss. And as I said to one, you can't have a drama free life until you get rid of the drama queens!!
Went to my mom's house on Saturday for the night. I finally brought home Blaine's clothes from there. When I was pregnant with him my Aunt sent me a box of about 8 outfits. I remember sitting on my mom's couch, barely a bump at that point and thinking of the little boy who would wear them. I did the same thing on Saturday. Sat on the same couch and looked at all of the clothes, this time with a large bump, picturing another boy in them. It was bittersweet. The clothes are almost all neutral colours but definitely more boyish. I wonder how my Aunt knew Blaine was a boy, I thought I was the only one. My parents always pick the "going home from hospital" outfit for the kids but we chose one from this box for "wearing at the hospital." So, they are all here now. Caleb has so much stuff here. I feel more confident with everyday that I will not have to box them up and put them away. I feel more and more relaxed and I'm able to see him here with us doing all the baby stuff.
My sister brought her kids over too. I actually changed my niece's diaper and fed her her bottle. It was surprisingly easy to do. Maybe because I'm pregnant. At Christmas I held her a lot but it was hard. My mom and sister kept saying how my niece would now have another baby to play with and how my nephew wouldn't be the only boy anymore. It bugs me that they just ignore Blaine's existence but I've come to accept it. Online with my BLM sisters and here at home are the only places Blaine can exist without any kind of awkwardness. He is safe here with us Moms.
4 comments:
I know how you feel. I dont have many friends and I always envied those who did...but at the same time, I STILL had those comments. The ones who didnt make the snarky comments dropped off the face of the world for about 9 months. It was hard. I was literally alone. I'm so thankful for my blog and those of others like you where we can cherish our sweet angels together!
I'm like you. I have a few friends and my 3 sisters, who are also my friends. My sisters all seem to have tons of friends and I sometimes wonder what I am missing. But of the few friends I do have, some have disappeared since Jacob died and I don't even care.
My heart lurched a little when I thought of you looking through those clothes and comparing it to how it was with Blaine. I had a comment once that Ben was my parents only grandchild, 2 months after Jacob was born and it hurt alot.
Blaine is always safe here with us and will never be forgotten.
I'm with you on the group of friends I keep hoping that pregnancy/mommy-hood helps me find them.
I'm glad that things are going well reading your blog really has helped me with my pregnancy if you can do it then I have hope that I'll make it though this too.
Blaine will always be here with us and we will remember him with you forever...it's amazing the people who discount our LO's...even with my announcement today on FB, so many people thought us becoming a family of 4 meant we were having twins...come one people...remember Bailey?
Adam and I are the couple who have only that handful of friends and we are okay with it. I have plenty of acquaintances, but good friends, there's only a few. But, that's okay.
Post a Comment