Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rest from the Holidays

Today I think everything caught up with me. The hustle and bustle that has been my past week. I haven't slept too much these past couple of days because Abby has a bad cough and cold. I've had to do way too much housekeeping for my liking! And then there's the emotions of it all. Today it all caught up and I spent until about 1:30pm on the couch. Me on one end and my daughter on the other watching hours of stupid cartoons. Finally I dragged us up and we went for a walk and now I'm making leftovers into a stew. I'm feeling a little bitter today. It boggles my mind that I can spend all of Christmas day with people, "family" and they don't once mention Blaine. And all of the next day with my "family" and they can't mention him. The more I think about it the more I'm just disgusted with all of them. My in laws and my family. I guess once someone's been cremated they're out of the family. I don't even think I was expecting anything better or more. So, I really shouldn't be all that surprised. At least today I got to wallow and rest. To take the time to just reflect on what the past week has been and what it should have been. I will be glad for this year to be over. I have this whole speech prepared for them all once I give birth to Caleb. How I'm going to tell them that I want them to spend only the amount of energy and thought on Caleb as they did on Blaine. How they get to see Caleb as often as they mentioned Blaine. I know that sounds really unfair and bitter.
Today I got some bad news about a family friend. I wasn't even aware she was pregnant. But she is about 3 months pregnant with twins and they have died. She hasn't delivered them yet. We all know what an incredibly hard time she must be going through right now. Please say a prayer for her. That medically she will soon be past this and that emotionally she can find some peace with it.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

I think that's a hard situation and decision for all us to make once we have the opportunity to have our rainbow babies....but you have to do what's best for you and will help heal your heart, Elaine. I support any decision you make...I understand. Love to you, hun.

Dana said...

I'm sorry that no one mentioned Blaine. I would have been a total mess and very bitter if no one had mentioned Jacob, especially since I don't have another child to be strong for.

I love your planned speech for your family after Caleb is born. Do you think you will really do it? I would love to see their faces when you do.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. We all know the heartbreak she is going through right now and will be going through from now on. Saying prayers for her.