

Last night we attended a candle lighting service, hosted by our local bereavement group. It was much more emotional than I anticipated. I cried from start to finish, barely even able to coherently introduce Blaine as we lit our candle. Here is one of the poems that was read at the ceremony...
"I will light a candle for you" by Paul Alexander
And I will light a candle for you
To shatter all the darkness and bless
the times we knew
Like a beacon in the night
The flame will burn bright and
guide us on our way
Oh today I light a candle for you
The seasons come and go
And I'm weary from the change
I keep moving on, you know it's not the same
And when I'm walking all alone
Do you hear me call your name?
Do you hear me sing the songs we used to sing?
You filled my life with wonder
touched me with surprise
Always saw that something special
deep within your eyes
And through the good times and the bad
we carried on with pride"
2 comments:
I would have cried my way through the whole thing too. I wish I had gone. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the poem. I'm saving the poem as one of my favorites.
Thanks for sharing. I defiantly would have been crying.
Post a Comment