Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Say My Name Say My Name


You have no idea, or actually if you're reading this maybe you do, how much hearing someone else say your child's name after they're gone means. I say my son's name daily "Blaine Blaine Blaine" but rarely does anyone else around me. To have a friend or even a stranger say his name feels so good. It's validation that he was here and he mattered. A lot of baby loss momma's make these photos for each other. Each and every one that someone has made for me is beautiful and I love them all. But I do have my favs. These are them. The blocks with the angel...reminds me that my son is not really gone. He's just waiting for me in Heaven. He got his wings a little early than I had hoped. Maybe he looks something like that little statue. Except without the curly hair, my boy sports a little mohawk!! That one was made for me by Dash's Momma. And the sunset. Cara's Momma made this one for me. Blaine is my sunset. The last bit of light before the darkness. The yellow. The orange. Blaine literally translates to Yellow. He is my sun and my son. I've gotten lots of these photos, from Chase and Emma's Mom; Jay's Mom; Nicholas's Mom. Too many dead babies. You never know how many are out there until you too become part of the sad dead baby momma club. But to all of these Moms thank you for reaching out to me and making me smile. Thank you for saying my son's name. Blaine.

3 comments:

Lea said...

Dearest Elaine,

I'm glad that you have decided to start this space for your beautiful son, Blaine. It is my hope that you feel some comfort and healing while connecting with others like ourselves. Oh, how I desperately wish we didn't belong to this club, but, because we do, this is a fantastic and supportive place to feel safe.

Love and strength to you....xx

*Laura Angel said...

Hearing your childs name makes them seem more real...makes you realize that people really care and acknowledge them as real :)xoxox Blaine!

The Griegers said...

I am so glad you like the picture and it was so good to read Dashys name on your blog, I too feel so happy when someone speaks of him. I never realized how eerily similar our stories are until I read your blog. So sorry again for your loss *hugs*