*All creatures look to you to give them their food at the proper time. When you give it to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand, they are satisfied with good things.*
I wanted to write a quick post and link up with Fran's "Small Miracles" from Small Bird Studio.

What are the small things in life that bring me joy? That make life worth living?
If I took this to the very smallest of things in my life I would say coffee! I am thankful for coffee, some mornings I wake up and it's the very first thing I think of. I can taste it and smell it before I've brewed it or bought it.
Thinking bigger. Abby and Caleb and Hubby. I am so so thankful for my little living family. The family that I get to love and enjoy everyday. When I think of Abby I am most thankful for her laugh and for her sweet heart. She has such an infectious laugh. You can't hear it and not laugh along with her. It is loud and girly and demands attention. C, his kisses and hugs. They are normally messy and violent. He grabs my face with both hands and pulls me to him, smashes his lips against me and smooshes them all around. He makes a sound like "mum mum mum," as if he's trying to eat my face. I could sit and kiss this kid for hours. Hubby, watching him take care of us, especially when he does things I know he hates like change diapers or sweep the floor. I know he is doing it to make things easier for me. You know what's sexy? A man doing housework and taking care of kids! There are so many small things I am thankful for each day and I honestly try to make an attempt to notice them and thank God for them. I read this poster that said "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?" With that in mind I try never to go to bed without giving God his glory and letting him know what I appreciate in my life. I even try to include Blaine in each prayer of gratitude. Thankful to God for giving him to me and for the lessons that came with his short life and death.
Those are my small moments. This is our day to day life. Kisses and laughter and dirty dishes.
No comments:
Post a Comment