This is today's scripture verse from Pray Date...
"Put on the, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, hearfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience." Colossions 3:12
I am really struggling with all of the above. I am blaming hormones but I don't know. I am so impatient and so fed up right now. With everyone and everything. Today I snapped at someone at work. Not someone I even like, she's a total bully and treats people like crap but I don't snap at people. I worked in retail for 7 years, I know how to be patient in the face of stress. I just can't handle it right now. My life is not really stressful right now...other than the whole terrifying pregnancy thing. My job is never stressful because I don't really take it that seriously. So, I don't know why I'm feeling this way. I find myself trying to control all of the little things in life that I have no control over. I'm such a logical person and I always know what I "should" do but can't. I am so desperate for everything in my life to be 100% perfect right now. So much so that even when it seems to be I'm just anticipating the worst instead of enjoying the ride.
I have decided to start "The Purpose Driven Life." I know some moms have already read or started reading this so if you have any tips or any thoughts on it please share.
3 comments:
I've been reading the PDL since January and I really like it. It's quick enough to spend a few minutes on each day and I feel like I could go through it again after I'm done and still get more out of it.
It's so hard to enjoy the ride when we are expecting the worst...I'm having that problem right now too.
On your comment on my blog: It doesn't snow often in Oklahoma...and the last 2 winters have been a doozy!
I am a pretty patient person, but I find that I have less patience in the past few months. I don't show it, but I certainly feel it and it always surprises me. I guess some people just go on and on about things that really are insignificant in the grand scheme of things and I just want to tell them how much worse it can be. Even some commercials frustrate me!
I'm kind of glad that you snapped at the bully today. I hate when bullies just get away with it an no one says anything (even though I never say anything either...but I do want someone to do it!). I bet someone that that bully has picked on was made very happy today!
Post a Comment